Q. What is FASTag?
FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions.
Q. What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Ease of payment - Avoid manual cash payments for toll transactions and save time
- Easy Recharge - FASTag can be recharged through multiple modes: Online Portal, NEFT/ IMPS, BBPS and POS Locations
- Ease of Tracking - You get regular SMS alerts each time any transactions are done using the tag
Q. How can I buy FASTag?
You can buy a FASTag by any of the following ways:
- Buy FASTag online and have it delivered to your home. Simply go to https://digipay.axisbank.co.in/fastag/customer, to initiate your application.
- Walk in to your nearest Axis Bank Branch and buy a FASTag. (However, the payment towards your tag must be made online)
- Buy directly at toll plazas. While travelling through any toll plaza, one can buy a FASTag from the toll booth. Just remember to carry the registration and KYC documents when going for the purchase
For further details you can call Axis Bank customer care @1800 419 8585
Q. How can I recharge my FASTag account?
Customers can recharge through multiple modes
1) Through NEFT/ IMPS:
- Log into any Banks Internet Banking/Mobile Banking App
- Register a beneficiary in 3rd party payments and in payee details, enter either "Wallet ID Number" or "Vehicle Number" in the account number field
- In IFSC column; use UTIB0000ETC and proceed with the payment
- Name of the beneficiary can be "wallet owners name"
2) Online Portal:
- Goto https://digipay.axisbank.co.in/fastag-recharge/
- Login FASTag account using either of wallet ID, VRN or Mobile number followed by an OTP and CAPTCHA
- Recharge through your linked Axis account or through a payment gateway
- Goto https://billpay.axisbank.co.in/billzone/
- Select FAStag from the bill and payments section
- Select Axis Bank FASTag then enter your VRN and the recharge amount.
4) Auto Debit:
- Exiting Axis Bank customers can avail auto debit facility by just activating Auto Load Set-Up from Online Portal.
Q. I have a FASTag and balance amount, but I could not go through ETC lane. How do I get my FASTag checked/ rectified to see whether it is active or not?
Please check if the balance amount is lower than the threshold amount for your vehicle class as mentioned in the FAQs, this may lead to the wallet being in low balance. Eg: INR 160 is the minimum balance that needs to be maintained in your wallet for a car.
If balance is enough and still there is an issue while passing through an ETC lane, you can raise dial 1033 for online toll plaza assistance, the helpline number of NHAI for helping the customers with this.
Alternatively, customers can also contact our toll free number 18004198585.
Q. How would I report an incorrect deduction and how will I get back the same?
You can report an incorrect deduction to our Customer Care Helpline number 18004198585 or by sending an email to email@example.com from your registered email id. Kindly add all details such as vehicle number, user mobile number, date of issue, description of the issue. We will review your request and if found correct, we will revert the incorrect deduction
Q. What are the documents needed to apply for FASTag?
You need the following documents:
- Copy of Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- FASTag Application form (available to fill online)
Q. Is there any discount / cashback on toll payments using FASTag?
No, there is no cashback offered currently.
Q. What are the charges for FASTag?
- Issuance Fee of Rs 100
- Refundable security deposit of Rs 200
Q. How can I register on Online Portal?
Once you buy a FASTag from Axis Bank and get a confirmation of wallet creation through SMS, you can easily login using VRN, Registered Mobile Number or Wallet ID followed by OTP.
Q. I have two vehicles; can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
No, you will need to take two separate FASTags for the two vehicles as they are stuck to the windshield of the vehicle. However you can have 1 wallet linked to both tags.
Q. How shall I get to know if and how much toll has been debited?
You will receive an SMS with requisite details on your registered mobile number as soon as the toll transaction takes place. Periodic statement of account can be obtained from the online portal.
Q. Do I need to use any specific lane at the toll plaza for FASTag?
FASTag can be used in all lanes of the Toll Plaza
Q. Can I avail a monthly pass?
Yes, you can avail the monthly pass and the facility is specific to each toll plaza. This can be availed through the toll plaza or through the NHAI website.
Q. What do I have to do if I have lost/ damaged my RFID Tag? What will happen to the account balance?
You will need to call our customer care number (18004198585) to block your FASTag and request for reissuance of a FASTag to the same vehicle number. Once you take a new TAG, we will transfer the balance to the existing wallet account.
Q. Can I get a FASTag for two-wheelers?
No, currently FASTag is not issued for two-wheelers.
Q. What do I do in case I am selling my car/Buying a second-hand car, bearing a FASTag?
In case you are selling your car, please remove (destroy) the FASTag issued to it and close its linked wallet. On purchase of second-hand cars (bearing a FASTag) too, you shall need to remove its existing tag and issue a fresh FASTag under your name.
Q. How do I surrender my FASTag and get the loaded amount back?
For assistance with the closure of your FASTag services, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org via your registered email id.
Q. How do I block my FASTag wallet ?
You can call the customer care no. 18004198585 and block your FASTag wallet. All vehicles linked to the wallet will be blocked by this request.
Q. I reside within 10 km of a particular toll plaza. Do I need to take FASTag to get the concessions available for local vehicles?
You can purchase a FASTag to avail the concessions. Once you purchase the FASTag, you will need to submit the required documents (proof of residence) at the Acquiring Bank POS location to validate your residence within 10 km of a particular plaza. Once it is verified, you may avail the concession on the FASTag assigned to your vehicle.
Q. In case of harassment/ misconduct/ discourteous/ rude behavior of toll collection staff, what should we do?
In case of such a scenario, a complaint is to be lodged with respective Project Directors at the toll plaza. Further, the incident may be reported to us via our email at email@example.com
Q. How would I cross toll plaza, if ETC equipment is not working?
In case ETC equipment is not working and your FASTag account is having sufficient balance, please pay the toll fee in cash at the plaza and keep the cash receipt with you in case it is required. Additionally, please call our dedicated Call Center Number 1800- 4198-585 who will take your query and resolve.
Q. Why are the toll rates different for different vehicle categories?
Vehicles are categorized for the welfare of road users. This categorization is primarily based on the size and load they carry and damage done to the road and type of use (commercial/personnel) of a vehicle.
Q. On which highways / roads FASTag can be used?
FASTag is presently operational at 520+ toll plazas across National Highways. To find out most updated list of toll plazas currently integrated with FASTag goto NHAI website (List of toll plazas)
Q. What is the validity period of a FASTag card?
The tag has a validity of 5 years and after purchasing, you only need to recharge/ top up the tag as per your requirement
Q. What is the minimum balance required in FASTag wallets?
The minimum limits for a wallet is based on the vehicle class as mentioned below:
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Class Description||Threshold amount|
|1||Car / Jeep / Van||160|
|2||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||160|
|3||Light commercial vehicle 2-axle/ Mini Bus||250|
|6||Bus 2-axle / Mini-Bus||350|
|8||Tractor / Tractor with trailer||550|
|12||Truck 7-axle and above||650|
|13||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machine||550|